Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Street of wet dreams

Naked in the crowd

Photo by Randy Harrison

For those who have never been, the Folsom Street Fair is an expo quite apart from any you may have experienced. Imagine 5+ city blocks thronged with tens of thousands of people, all there to celebrate not just sexuality, but sex in all its kinkiest forms. So striking is this tradition that a few other cities have not only copied the concept, but even taken the name Folsom as well in an attempt to link themselves with the recognized brand that the fair has become. But they remain mere imitations of the original festival of flesh.

Among fair goers of course are nudists and exhibitionists like me who enjoy the ability to walk casually through a crowded street naked but for a pair of boots. And unlike a nudist gathering, the Folsom event tolerates, albeit unofficially, a degree of arousal and eroticism around that nudity.

This past September I had the rare chance to experience the fair with one of my best friends and Nakedism's resident photographer, Andrew Caldwell (pictured at left with camera in hand). Besides the enjoyment I got from his company, Nakedism members can this month, through his photos, tag along with us and experience my naked day in the City by the Bay.

In the first of what will eventually be two photo sets, you'll see some of the freaky sights and hot men that Folsom attracts. You'll also see how some fair goers were tempted to bend the rules when they encountered my naked self. And in this month's stories, I'll give you an insider's view of the kind of carousing I got into that weekend in San Francisco.

So what are you waiting for? Head over to our Photos department now, and drink in A Fair to Remember. I hope you find it even half as hot as it was for me to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment