Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Full-on moon

Moon over moonOur moon has an elliptical orbit, which causes it to draw closer to us on some occasions and move further away on others. When those close passes coincide with a full moon, the effect is called a super moon. Such a so-called perigee-syzygy makes for a slightly larger light to rule the night, and, perhaps, a little more lunar-inspired mischief.

So when such an event rolled around last March, it seemed like a good time for friend and photographer Andrew Adam Caldwell and I to go out and capture a few full moons of our own. Pedestrians and passers by were still pretty common at the relatively early hour of moonrise on America's west coast. Because of that, and the low spring temperatures, I was a little shy about getting completely naked at our main chosen location.

But the show must go on, and I tossed my shirt and dropped my pants repeatedly, mooning Andrew's camera for my art and for those who comment that I don't show enough butt shots.

For the results, turn to this month's photo set, Super Moon, and check out the examples of moonlit (and public) nudity, with a few doctored studio shots thrown in for good measure. And remember: This butt's for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment