Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The mile long dare

Solo cycling in the nudeRiding a bicycle naked in public is not new to me. Last year, I participated in several naked group rides, including Seattle's Solstice parade, a Gay Pride parade, and two events for the 2011 World Naked Bike Ride.

But riding naked with a group, one that has coordinated with police and city officials, is one thing. Biking on your own with no special permits or warning to anyone is quite another matter. But that's the dare I accepted from a friend a little while back.

According to the terms of the dare, I had to bike one mile naked. Shoes and helmet were allowed. The route had to include traveled streets (no isolated roads in the middle of nowhere allowed). I was also required to pass through at least one intersection.

As it turned out, I crossed two major streets, passed close to an all-night gas station (where someone hollered at me), and had to dodge cars and pedestrians so I didn't get too close to either (but was surely seen by both).

The second intersection proved the riskiest. The light was against me, and I dismounted to press the crosswalk signal. But there were people loading a car trunk nearby and another car on the far side of the intersection, parked but with headlights pointing my way. So rather than wait for the light, I bolted and ran the light to disappear into a darker neighborhood.

It was exhilarating, risky, and kind of hot. That said, I must confess that I was a little too rattled after my ride to add a jackoff scene to the end of the movie. But maybe you can provide the strokes on your own.

To join the fun, direct your browser to Naked Dares theatre, and check out the latest edition, Spokes and strokes. And be sure to let us know of any fun dares you've done yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment