Thursday, June 23, 2011

Getting stroked

Disrobing for massageThe business of massage enjoys something of a mixed reputation in this company. On one extreme are those who have learned the joys and benefits of a healthy rubdown. But on the other, massage is associated with prostitution, which can lead to burdensome regulation of massage therapists and confusion for potential customers.

As a consumer of massage, my own approach is similar to my views on nudism: I'm not sure why there should be a sharp dividing line between the relaxing of tense muscles and the satisfying of erotic desire. They needn't be the same thing, of course, but there is also no reason the two can't blend together when agreeable to both the giver and receiver of massage.

It was just such a relationship that I had with my longtime massage therapist Javier. For years I had only the most professional, nonsexual service from him. But as we grew better acquainted and eventually both became single, we decided to explore other possibilities as well.

The story Getting rubbed the right way, in our Stories section, tells of one of the first of those encounters. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I had recalling the good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment