Friday, May 27, 2011

Bridgeport man arrested for nude photo shoot

Charles KearseYou can add Bridgeport, Connecticut, to the long list of cities where it's probably not a good idea to pose nude for photos on the roof of a parking garage.

Last Saturday, police there arrested 36-year-old Charles Kearse, of Peekskill, NY, and charged him with second-degree breach of peace for his public nudity. Police had been notified by witnesses that a white man with a camera had been chasing a black man across a parking garage roof.

The professional photographer, Israel Guibbory, said he was photographing Kearse, fully clothed, around Yale University, when he suggested Kearse pose on the roof of the Broad Street Garage. "I thought it was an unusually good location because you have the skyline of Bridgeport in the background," he told Connecticut Post.

Guibbory also claims he was completely surprised when Kearse stripped off all his clothes, which he stuffed in a duffel bag and handed to the photographer.

"It was really bad judgment on my part," said Guibbory. "I could have put an end to it, but I didn't because he was the client."

Kearse has been released on a promise to appear in state Superior Court for arraignment on June 3.

Outdoor stripping for a photo shoot
Note: Bottom photo is for illustration purposes only and does not depict the reported events.

1 comment:

  1. Now you can repost the correct story...

    http://www.ctpost.com/policereports/article/State-drops-case-against-nude-model-1413624.php

    Greetings Mr. Tepfer,

    Attention: Jennifer Sposato - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43157991/

    Mr. Tepfer - Per our last phone conversation about your story you reported on May 21-24 about me

    http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Nude-photo-shoot-on-Bridgeport-parking-garage-1392241.php

    where I was attempting to state to you that you released a story that made me look bad with the help of the photographer, who gave you false information. It brings me great relief to assure you that the proof attached to this email will show you how you were lied to, so that the photographer could gain the exposure and also receive credit for the pictures he took of me on that day.

    My question to you is why would you attach such pictures to a negative concocted story?
    Also, for the record I was never arrested as I did stated to you over the phone, I wasn't charged with anything. I was given a summons to appear in court to receive information about the ordinance/statue of the alleged offence. I was never booked, cuffed, released, or was there a mugshot taking.

    Also there wasn't a duffel bag ever handed to anyone. I have all of the proof in the photos that were taken every where on the roof where I was fully clothed, including pictures showing that I was holding my clothing in my arms.

    With that said, I did appear in court, didn't have to appear before a judge. The prosecutor called me in to his office, asked what was I doing, I told him that I was invited to Bridgeport by the photographer who approached me on www.modelmayhem.com. I didn't hire him or pay him anything thing to take the photo's, I shared with the prosecutor that the photographer reimbursed me for my travel expenses and that was the extend of our agreement.

    I showed him the evidence that stated that facts and he looked at me smiled and said have a good weekend.
    I left court just as fast as I arrived. I didn't have to sign anything, plea to anything, I didn't have to swear to tell the truth, didn't need a lawyer, and didn't have to pay a fine for the erroneous charge of 2nd Degree Breach of Peace that you reported I was arrested and charged with.

    I believe somewhere along the lines of a reprint or revisit to the story is in order to repair my name/image with an apology, and share with your Bridgeport

    readers that the photographer did know what was going to happen, because it was his suggestion.

    SEE ATTACHMENTS.

    I am also going to file a Defamation of Character lawsuit against the photographer, so if you want to cover that story or print it - RSVP.




    Message below is from the photographer

    gat1
    05/19/11 4:25 PM
    been thinking about our shoot. how does this sound? 2 outfits, dressy or casual, doesn't matter, but stylish. we shoot on the street. close-up, waist up, full body, then in the studio some underwear shots followed by some nudes on a rooftop, in the studio, in a nature setting, whatever presents itself and feels right. your input is encouraged and welcomed.
    looking forward to working with you

    ReplyDelete