Thursday, May 26, 2011

The size of sex

I have dated men ranging from an entire foot shorter than me to those just about the same height. One of my shorter boyfriends used to run a step ahead of me when we came to our stairway. That way, he could turn around every few steps and hug and kiss me with our faces temporarily at the same height. Another short boyfriend used to say that everyone is the same height in bed. Meaning, of course, that the height difference didn't matter too much when we were both horizontal.

But there is something about dating a tall man — which is to say, dating someone closer to my own height. Not just because it's easier to converse in loud bars (where my ears aren't a foot above everyone's mouths for once) or the easier eye contact while dancing or standing. As I discovered when dating my friend Billy, that a lot of other things are possible. Such as the way our long, lean limbs could intertwine in sex and cuddling. Or the new sex positions that I seldom get to try on normal-sized guys.

I recall some of those hot times in this week's story, Hard Date's Night, found, of course, in our usual Stories department. Check it out: I hope it gives you a sense of what it's like for two redwoods to stretch their limbs and take it up to the root.

No comments:

Post a Comment